ATH (aluminium tri hydrate, chemical formula Al(OH)3) is a side stream of aluminium production, characterised by:
- High purity
- High whiteness
- Relatively low density of 2.4g/cm3 compared to other mineral fillers, which are typically at 2.7g/cm3
- Medium Mohs hardness of 3
- Decomposition around 180°C, releasing water.
[g/ 100 g]
Production locations Portaflame SG, Portafill A
ATH will provide:
- Dirt pick-up resistance: the presence of ATH improve the coating’s resistance to dirt (from the atmosphere, for example).
- Ease of tinting: due to the combination of refractive index, brightness and color, paints including ATH will give excellent reproducible colour results when working with tinting systems.
- UV resistance: being insensitive to UV radiation, ATH will reduce the degradation of the coating due to UV radiation.