can use this mineral are
highlighted. Please select
one to learn more.
Micaceous iron oxide (iron oxide, Fe2O3) is a naturally occurring iron oxide with lamellar shape similar to mica (hence the name). Micaceous iron oxide is characterised by:
- Black colour
- Lamellar structure
- High inertness in various media (the iron in the mineral has already been oxidised).
|Electrical conductivity||60||[µS/ cm]|
|Soluble matter||< 0.1||[%]|
|Product||Grade||+ 63 µm
|+ 75 µm
|+ 125 µm
[g/ 100 g]
Production location Portafer AP
Portafer AP is the brand name for Sibelco’s micaceous iron oxide products.
- Abrasion resistance: due to its hardness of 6 on Mohs scale, MIO will increase the coating’s resistance to wear.
- Chemical resistance: due to its lamellar structure and inert nature, MIO provides barrier properties to the primer and topcoat and good chemical resistance compared to conventional fillers.
- Mechanical reinforcement: due to its lamellar structure, MIO will mechanically reinforce the binder matrix.
- UV resistance: being insensitive to UV radiation, MIO will reduce the coating’s degradation.