Wollastonite (silicate, chemical formula CaSiO3) exists in an acicular and non-acicular form.
Wollastonite can be characterised by:
- Shape (non-acicular/ acicular)
- Medium Mohs hardness of 5
- Alkaline nature.
[g/ 100 g]
Production locations Casiflux
Wollastonite will provide:
- Chemical resistance: Wollastonite has a synergistic effect with dedicated anti-corrosive pigments, such as zinc phosphates.
- Mechanical reinforcement: due to its acicular structure, wollastonite will mechanically reinforce the binder matrix.
- Abrasion resistance: due to its hardness of 5 on Mohs scale, wollastonite will increase the coating’s resistance to wear.
Warning: Use of undefined constant php - assumed 'php' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/sibelcot/sites/coatings/wp-content/themes/sibelco/template-parts/functionalitiesSubMineral.php on line 66