Quartz (silica, SiO2) is the core mineral within the Sibelco group and can be found in a broad number of applications, such as glass, ceramics and coatings. Quartz can be characterised by:
- Relatively high Mohs hardness of 7
- Low electrical conductivity
- Easy to wet
- High inertness in various media
- Shape (depending on the source, quartz particles can have an angular or more rounded shape).
Note when using quartz:
depending on the particle size distribution of the product, it can be labelled (STOT RE 2 or STOT RE 1). For more detailed information, visit www.safesilica.eu.
|Colour (D65/ 10°) L*||93 – 96||[-]|
|[µm]||[µm]||[µm]||[g/ 100 g]|
Production locations Silica Sand
Feldspar will provide:
- Abrasion and scratch resistance: due to its fairly high hardness of 6 on Mohs scale, feldspar provides abrasion and scratch resistance to the coating;
- Chemical resistance: due to its inert nature, feldspar will provide good chemical resistance compared to conventional fillers.